Thursday, September 13, 2012

Episode 3 - Naked Chickens

Listen to Episode 3 here:

Podcast Powered By Podbean

Thanks for coming back!  A big thank you to my listeners for the kind and sweet words you have left me.  I have found podcasting to be very welcoming and very fun!

In this episode I discuss my knitting, the plight of my poor naked chickens, and my first ever podcast contest!!!

Off My Needles:
I have finished the Sothia, using Madeline Tosh Merino Light.  I love the pattern and encourge all shawl knitters to give it 5 cast on's.  Five cast on's is the highest recommendation!

I also finished  two quilt squares using the leftover Noro Silk Garden from my Silk Crescent Moon Shawl for the Knit A Square charity.  If you don't already do charitable knitting, or are looking for another outlet I really hope you check this worthy charity out. 

On My Needles:
I am excited to say that I am no longer a monogomous knitter!  I have several projects going:
I am still plugging away on the Sweetheart Skirt for my sweet Ava Claire.  It is nice, mindless knitting.

Working on the Flowered Cardigan and Hat set from Itty Bitty Nursery.  Working with Manos Cotton Stria yarn which has wonderful color but no stretch, making it a difficult yarn to knit with.  Still, it is unfortunate that it has been discontinued.  I used it to make this and the brightness and depth of color is unbelievable.

I promised to not be defeated by the sock, so I cast on a vanilla sock using Juno Fiber Co. yarn called Buffy in the Sky Speckle colorway.  So far, so good.

Technique:
This week I discussed swatching - before and after washing.

On The Farm:
My poor naked chickens are beginning to feather out - yay to free ranging!  My sheep smell really good.  And I'm trying to figure out what kind of spinning wheel to purchase.  Ashcroft or Schacht?
My Happy Place:
Loving the fall season and all the happy knitting time provided by the return of Parenthood, all the political news shows, and COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

I WORE A SHAWL!!!!  NOT ONCE - BUT TWICE THIS WEEK!  This is huge folks.  Huge! You may need to refer to Episode Two to get this.  I now feel justified to buy the yarn to knit the Color Affection Shawl.  Let the yarn shopping commence!

My First Contest: Being a new podcaster, I am realizing how special it is to receive comments and notes of encouragement.  So here is my contest:  leave me a comment either here on my blog, my ravelry group - Robinznest, or by email.  If you leave a comment on iTunes you will get two entries into the drawing.  The winner will receive a really great 2013 desk calendar called Knitting.  It is a very pretty calendar with over 100 knitting patterns included.  Can you imagine?  Knitting inspiration every, single day!  I also encourage you to leave comments with all the podcasts you listen to - it really, really, really makes a podcasters heart smile!

Thanks for stopping by the Nest.  Until next time!

You can contact me at:

here on the Robinznest Knits blog
robinznest.knits@gmail.com
on Ravelry as Robinznest

 

2 comments:

  1. Just found your podcast....listened to all three episodes this morning! SO good and professional sounding. I identify with you on so many levels. We have chickens and I have to ask if you have ever heard the saying, " Caught with egg on her face"? That's how you will find your egg eater. Funny how many of our "classic" sayings are hen house related! Keep up the great podcasting. Love it! Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your podcast, you are doing a great job. I just accidentally bought a spinning wheel and know nothing about spinning so I look forward to your journey of learning to spin.

    ReplyDelete